Re: Could you allow me to switch DMUA flag?

Dear Jonas,

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 10:10 AM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> wrote:
> On 12-02-28 at 10:46am, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>> Your changes look good (from a first quick glance at it).
>
> Upstream README now explicitly mentions a list of LaTeX files required:

I don't know about pdf translate.
My daily use is to output TeX, because ptex-* can use Japanese language.

>> Production of a PDF requires that a LaTeX engine be installed (see
>> `--latex-engine`, below), and assumes that the following LaTeX
>> packages are available: `amssymb`, `amsmath`, `ifxetex`, `ifluatex`,
>> `listings` (if the `--listings` option is used), `fancyvrb`,
>> `enumerate`, `ctable`, `url`, `graphicx`, `hyperref`, `ulem`, `babel`
>> (if the `lang` variable is set), `fontspec` (if `xelatex` or
>> `lualatex` is used as the LaTeX engine), `xltxtra` and `xunicode` (if
>> `xelatex` is used).
>
> Those should be resolved into Debian packages, and if not
> already suggested then done + mentioned in long description for which
> LaTeX engine it is needed.
>
> I tried locating first one, amssymb, but apparently that one is not even
> available in Debian...

I think there are these style files in Debian apt-line.

/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/amsfonts/amssymb.sty
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/amsmath/amsmath.sty
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/ifxetex/ifxetex.sty
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/oberdiek/ifluatex.sty
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/listings/listings.sty
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/fancyvrb/fancyvrb.sty
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/tools/enumerate.sty
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/ctable/ctable.sty
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/ltxmisc/url.sty
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/graphics/graphicx.sty
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/hyperref/hyperref.sty
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/ltxmisc/ulem.sty
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/generic/babel/babel.sty
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/xelatex/fontspec/fontspec.sty
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/xelatex/xltxtra/xltxtra.sty
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/xelatex/xunicode/xunicode.sty

New pandoc package should depend on texlive packages?

> We should probably test-build and verify if the three LaTeX engines work
> at all in Debian.

I tried it.
Pdflatex and xelatex have no problem.
Lualatex has error.

$ cat hoge.md
# Title
Hi!

* Item1
* Item2
$ /usr/bin/pandoc hoge.md --latex-engine=pdflatex -f markdown -o hoge.pdf
$ /usr/bin/pandoc hoge.md --latex-engine=xelatex -f markdown -o hoge.pdf
$ /usr/bin/pandoc hoge.md --latex-engine=lualatex -f markdown -o hoge.pdf
pandoc: Error producing PDF from TeX source.
!
 * XeTeX is required to compile this document.
 * Sorry!
                                                  \endgroup \fi
l.18 \RequireXeTeX

But I can't the reason of the TeX error....

Regards,
--
Kiwamu Okabe