Re: GNOME-2 transition: necessary?

Le Sun, Jul 07, 2002 at 08:56:47PM +1000, Jeff Waugh écrivait:
> Do you want me to do a proposal for the migration,

Yes. But I don't see the point of doing extra work for such a migration
if the only thing we have to do is wait until RH/Ximian decides to write
some "update" code. In particular, maintaining both Gnome looks like
unnecessary work to me. If someone wants Gnome 1.4, he should stay
with woody. With unstable he has up to date software with all the
associated pains, if he suffers from Gnome 2, he can write patches
to make it better. :-)

> or are you really not that interested in a user-friendly shift to G2D
> in unstable?

Personally i'm not interested in that. Unstable is expected to have
problems. I'm just interested in painless upgrade within stable (ie
between real releases like potato -> woody).

Cheers,