Re: GNOME-2 transition: necessary?

<quote who="Christian Marillat">

> > But they're entirely incompatible when it comes to configuration,
> > integration with each desktop, etc.
>
> And why G2 is unable to keep configurations from G1 ?

Because of the move to GConf, and the lack of migration/integration code.
I've said this before, and it's the major reason why Debian should not be
shifting to G2D piecemeal *or* wholesale at this stage!

I'm sure work will be done on this by RH/Ximian for their desktops, and any
help from Debian would naturally be greatly appreciated.

Do you want me to do a proposal for the migration, or are you really not
that interested in a user-friendly shift to G2D in unstable?

- Jeff

--
                     What does an underage calf drink?
                          Long Island Iced Teats.