Re: Packaging Amfora and dependencies

On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 at 23:31, Micheal Waltz <micheal@ecliptik.com> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 20, 2021 at 11:18:01PM +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:
> > Looking through the packaging docs[2], I found the syntax for dual license
> > is,
> >
> > Files: rr/*
> > Copyright: 2020 makeworld <colecmac@protonmail.com>
> > License: GPL-3+ or Expat
> >

> It should be "GPL-3 or MIT" there should not be a "+", since the license is
> GPL-3 and not GPL-3 and beyond

More for understanding here, but in the copyright documentation [1],
it says,

"There are many versions of the MIT license. Please use Expat instead,
when it matches."

Sure, I could have used Expat here.

Does it really matter that much if MIT or Expat is the name if the text
is included as well? More want to know going forward for other packages
as it seems a bit ambiguous.

Nah, does not matter too much. If the license provided matches the verbatim copy of Expat, use Expat.
We should be fine for now I guess.

> Admittedly, I saw this mail after I made the change myself and pushed,
> please have a look at my commits.
>
> I did changes that I considered sensible and uploaded to NEW. Thanks a lot
> for your work on this :-)

Awesome! I looked over the changes and all seem reasonable, thank you
very much for your help!

\o/