Re: Packaging Amfora and dependencies
On 19 April 2021 4:17:59 am IST, Micheal Waltz <email@example.com> wrote:
>On Sun, Apr 18, 2021 at 07:42:48PM +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:
>> On 4/16/21 10:54 AM, Micheal Waltz wrote:
>> > On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 09:39:32AM +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:
>> >> Awesome!
>> >> Let me know if you want me to do something about it.
>> >> If you want me to ping the upstreams and convince them or so. Hope
>this gets merged soon, and we get amfora going
>> > I was going to give the PRs a day or two to see if they get
>> > and merged since the authors of those repos have sporadic activity.
>> That kind of looks unfortunate
>I pinged both PRs yesterday, and today
>was merged in.
>In terms for Debian packaging, what are the next steps for progressbar?
>Do we notify the maintainer of the package and request a new package
>from version v3.8.0 (this includes the PR commits).
Yes. We might not ping the maintainer since it's team maintained, but I suppose it's always polite to do so.
I think just ping Thorsten once for confirmation (do CC to the list) if there's a significant delay in reply, I'd take the liberty to update and upload regardless
A couple of points:
* This package was accepted after soft freeze, so this is not in testing, hence we can push new update to unstable
* The package in its version 3.7.5 fails it's autopkgtests on non-x86 arches
If the same happens for the new upstream version, we/someone else will have to fix it for this package (and eventually amfora) to get to testing - else the entire chain will be stalled from migrating.
This will ofcourse happen post bullseye release though.
>> > If there's nothing by the 17th I'll post a comment in the PR about
>> > and if you could too I'm sure it would get more attention.
>> Will do, if nothing happens in next couple of days
>If you could ping the gofeed PR too maybe that will get things going
Sure, will do.
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.