Re: Packaging Amfora and dependencies

Hi Michael,

On 19 April 2021 4:17:59 am IST, Micheal Waltz <micheal@ecliptik.com> wrote:
>On Sun, Apr 18, 2021 at 07:42:48PM +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:

>this gets merged soon, and we get amfora going
>> > I was going to give the PRs a day or two to see if they get
>reviewed
>> > and merged since the authors of those repos have sporadic activity.
>> That kind of looks unfortunate
>
>I pinged both PRs yesterday, and today
>https://github.com/schollz/progressbar/pull/69
>was merged in.

\o/

>In terms for Debian packaging, what are the next steps for progressbar?
>Do we notify the maintainer of the package and request a new package
>from version v3.8.0 (this includes the PR commits).

Yes. We might not ping the maintainer since it's team maintained, but I suppose it's always polite to do so.
I think just ping Thorsten once for confirmation (do CC to the list) if there's a significant delay in reply, I'd take the liberty to update and upload regardless

A couple of points:

* This package was accepted after soft freeze, so this is not in testing, hence we can push new update to unstable
* The package in its version 3.7.5 fails it's autopkgtests on non-x86 arches[1]
If the same happens for the new upstream version, we/someone else will have to fix it for this package (and eventually amfora) to get to testing - else the entire chain will be stalled from migrating.
This will ofcourse happen post bullseye release though.

[1]: https://qa.debian.org/excuses.php?package=golang-github-schollz-progressbar

>> > If there's nothing by the 17th I'll post a comment in the PR about
>it
>> > and if you could too I'm sure it would get more attention.
>> Will do, if nothing happens in next couple of days
>
>If you could ping the gofeed PR too maybe that will get things going
>for it.

Sure, will do.