Re: Packaging Amfora and dependencies

On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 11:30:33PM +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:
> They are not using the forks in current state. AIUI, there is nothing to
> change at this point in patches - all that was needed was to change
> cview/cbin import paths that you did already

What about the replace that's in go.mod for the forks[1]?

I was going to take the upstream commit[2], and put it into the debian
patch set so it no longer uses the replace. Or do the versions you
added to debian/control take care of this automatically?

> * amfora depends strictly on 1.1.2 version of gofeed and since we are in
>   deep freeze now, a new upstream version of gofeed can not go to
>   unstable at this point. Hence the reason I pushed it to experimental
>   Now since amfora depends strictly on the version of gofeed in
>   experimental (1.1.2), amfora can be uploaded to NEW, targeting
>   experimental and not unstable at this point.
>   Once bullseye is out, I will move gofeed and amfora to unstable.
>   (whenever amfora is accepted into experimental) Hope that sounds OK to
>   you.
>
> * Due to strict version dep, I made Build-Depends versioned and pushed
>   to salsa[1]
>
> * In order to build for experimental, you need to add
>  "--extra-repository='deb http://deb.debian.org/debian experimental
>   main' --build-dep-resolver=aptitude" to sbuild. It will however take
>   some time for amfora to land into experimental archive (a push to
>   mirror happens every six hours starting 1:52 UTC)
>   Till then you can do "--extra-repository='deb https://incoming.debian.org/debian-buildd buildd-unstable main'
>   --build-dep-resolver=aptitude" to build it

Thank you for all the info and will use this when testing/building the
package today.

> > Also talked some with Amfora upstream today and they are excited about
> > the PRs and Debian packaging. They did have one question about if Amfora
> > would get into buster-backports or just be in sid until it migrates to
> > testing.
>
> It will not get to buster-backports. It can however be pushed to
> bullseye-backports after

Makes sense, and seems like something we can tackle once Amfora is
packaged and bullseye is out and we can begin working on it.

1. https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/amfora/-/blob/master/go.mod#L30-32
2. https://github.com/makeworld-the-better-one/amfora/commit/6fa3600e9583b2ab6f7311357a5a8dac55a18c8a

--
Micheal Waltz