Re: Packaging Amfora and dependencies

On 19 April 2021 11:54:14 pm IST, Micheal Waltz <micheal@ecliptik.com> wrote:
>On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 11:30:33PM +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:
>> They are not using the forks in current state. AIUI, there is nothing
>> change at this point in patches - all that was needed was to change
>> cview/cbin import paths that you did already
>
>What about the replace that's in go.mod for the forks[1]?
>
>I was going to take the upstream commit[2], and put it into the debian
>patch set so it no longer uses the replace. Or do the versions you
>added to debian/control take care of this automatically?

The package takes in whatever is specified in d/control - that's how dependencies are resolved.
Contents of go.mod do not matter.
If however you feel strongly about it, make a patch but tbh it doesn't look worth the effort. It makes sense to spend more time on making the package perfect.

>> * amfora depends strictly on 1.1.2 version of gofeed and since we are
>in
>>   deep freeze now, a new upstream version of gofeed can not go to
>>   unstable at this point. Hence the reason I pushed it to
>experimental
>>   Now since amfora depends strictly on the version of gofeed in
>>   experimental (1.1.2), amfora can be uploaded to NEW, targeting
>>   experimental and not unstable at this point.
>>   Once bullseye is out, I will move gofeed and amfora to unstable.
>>   (whenever amfora is accepted into experimental) Hope that sounds OK
>>   you.
>>
>> * Due to strict version dep, I made Build-Depends versioned and
>pushed
>>   to salsa[1]
>>
>> * In order to build for experimental, you need to add
>>  "--extra-repository='deb http://deb.debian.org/debian experimental
>>   main' --build-dep-resolver=aptitude" to sbuild. It will however
>take
>>   some time for amfora to land into experimental archive (a push to
>>   mirror happens every six hours starting 1:52 UTC)
>>   Till then you can do "--extra-repository='deb
>https://incoming.debian.org/debian-buildd buildd-unstable main'
>>   --build-dep-resolver=aptitude" to build it
>
>Thank you for all the info and will use this when testing/building the
>package today.
>

>> > Also talked some with Amfora upstream today and they are excited
>about
>> > the PRs and Debian packaging. They did have one question about if
>Amfora
>> > would get into buster-backports or just be in sid until it migrates
>> > testing.
>>
>> It will not get to buster-backports. It can however be pushed to
>> bullseye-backports after
>
>Makes sense, and seems like something we can tackle once Amfora is
>packaged and bullseye is out and we can begin working on it.

Sure. I'm honestly not personally motivated to work on this, but I'll try sponsoring. I'm not yet added to backports ACL, hopefully it'd be don't by then.