Re: Packaging Amfora and dependencies

On 20 April 2021 5:23:05 am IST, Micheal Waltz <micheal@ecliptik.com> wrote:
>On Tue, Apr 20, 2021 at 12:20:24AM +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:
>> >What about the replace that's in go.mod for the forks[1]?
>> >
>> >I was going to take the upstream commit[2], and put it into the
>debian
>> >patch set so it no longer uses the replace. Or do the versions you
>> >added to debian/control take care of this automatically?
>>
>> The package takes in whatever is specified in d/control - that's how
>dependencies are resolved.
>> Contents of go.mod do not matter.
>> If however you feel strongly about it, make a patch but tbh it
>doesn't look worth the effort. It makes sense to spend more time on
>making the package perfect.
>
>I've cleaned up the package, added the patches, fixed some Lintian
>errors and pushed everything to salsa and mentors, and it ready for
>your review and sponsorship.
>
>https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/amfora
>https://mentors.debian.net/package/amfora/
>
>Also went through the changes for gofeed and progressbar since they are
>newer than Amfora 1.8 uses and didn't see any breaking changes.
>
>Upstream and I also talked about it some and they agreed that
>everything
>looks good.

Hi, in the rr/README, it states: "If you prefer, you can consider the code in this package, and this package only, to be licensed under the MIT license instead."

This is not clear as to what the license is and I have a feeling that FTP masters will not like it.
Can you open up an issue on amfora GitHub repository and ask makeworld there as to what should be the license?
Since the record of such a conversation would be public, we can justify in d/copyright proper licensed for everything.