Re: OTB

On 24-12-15 21:37, Rashad Kanavath wrote:
>> The ITP already exists (#764860) courtesy of Andreas, and is closed in
>> the changelog.
>
> Okay. I can add a comment there to restart the process ?

Adding a comment to mention that OTB packaging is mostly ready is good,
but there is no need to restart the process. The upload of the otb
package will finalize the process.

New packages should always have an associated ITP bugreport, if there is
no ITP yet, but there is a RFP bugreport you can claim it by retitling
the bugreport to an ITP and setting yourself as the owner. If there is
neither, a bugreport should be filed. If you aren't sure that you want
to maintain the package yourself, file and RFP. If you do, and ITP is
appropriate. Filing an RFP won't make a volunteer appear to maintain it,
so you should expect much to happen after filing a RFP bugreport.

See also: https://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/