Re: OTB

On 24-12-15 19:57, Rashad Kanavath wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 7:09 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>> On 24-12-15 14:45, Rashad Kanavath wrote:
>>> Problem here. I had to import again because i recloned the sources.. :(.
>>> sorry for trouble.
>>
>> I don't understand what went wrong.
>>
>> Did you rebase over your merge commit? That's generally not a good idea,
>> but other than that I don't see what else could have gone wrong if you
>> follow the git packaging workflow documented in the policy (uscan, gbp
>> import-orig, etc).
>
> yes i did rebase.. can you fix on your side.

I've already pushed the changes.

>> Regarding the packaging, comments follow.
>>
>> - debian/changelog
>>
>> Regarding the packaging, the changelog is incorrect. It hasn't been
>> finalized for upload (distribution still set to UNRELEASED), and the
>> upstream version is incorrect (missing repacksuffix). The second
>> (latest) entry should be merged into the first because the first was
>> never uploaded. The second import of the upstream tarball is also
>> missing the repacksuffix, why didn't you use uscan to download and
>> repack it? If uscan complains that the tarball is already exists, delete
>> or rename it to let uscan do its job.
>>
>> The first changelog entry set the distribution to experimental, do you
>> still want to upload there first?
>
> if pushing to unstable is possible i want to move there.

Please update the changelog accordingly (dch -rD unstable).

>> - debian/README.source
>>
>> Mentions GMT for Debian, should be OTB for Debian.
>>
>> - debian/patches/spelling.patch
>>
>> DEP3 syntax for the Authors field is incorrect. Folded values need start
>> with a space on the subsequent lines, like the copyright and control
>> files, see:
>
> I will correct it.

No need, it's already fixed.

Please refer to the dep3 specification when updating patch headers next
time, the same goes for the git workflow in the team policy. Let try to
get it right on the first try next time, that saves us all quite some time.

>> https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html#s-controlsyntax
>>
>> You can also use multiple Author fields as documented in DEP3:
>>
>>  http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep3/
>>
>> There were still more spelling errors reported by lintian. Are you still
>> not using the lintian pbuilder hook?
>
> yes i am using pbuilder hooks just as mentioned in the policy. building via
> chroot does not invoke lintian for me. I do it after later on .changes file
>
> I had the fix for other spelling issues in new files. I will merge them
> onto upstream by next week.

You probably added the hook after you created the pbuilder chroot, it
has therefore not been configured to use the hooks via the --hookdir
option. This can be configured in your ~/.pbuilderc or you can update
the existing chroot. When updating an existing chroot you need to use
the --save-after-login or --save-after-exec options to prevent pbuilder
from reverting the changes. You can try the following:

 sudo cowbuilder --update --basepath /var/cache/pbuilder/base-sid.cow \
  --hookdir=<path/to/hookdir> --save-after-exec

>> http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/policy/packaging.html#git-pbuilder-hooks
>>
>> I've fixed these issues before, so it looks like the git changes mess
>> undid those.
>>
>> - debian/patches/*
>>
>> Please use the attached .quiltrc to have a consistent quilt format.
>>
>> - debian/upstream/metadata
>>
>> The Bug-Database field is commented out, are the OTB issues truly not
>> publicly viewable?
>
> no. you can view issues without login. bug tracker is using mantis
>
> https://bugs.orfeo-toolbox.org

I've updated the upstream metadata accordingly.

If you haven't subscribed to the pkg-grass-devel lists, please do so
now. This will give you a heads up of changes by others to the otb
packaging via the commit emails. You can then pull the changes before
making more and prevent ugly merge commits. If you've already made
changes before pulling the changes from Alioth, you can use `git pull
--rebase` to rebase your changes on top of those from Alioth.