Re: OTB

On 24-12-15 21:16, Rashad Kanavath wrote:
> Seems like there is nothing left other than dch -rD unstable ?.

The packaging is pretty much ready, yes. You mostly need to get your
build environment in order, specifically the lintian hook. And to keep
in mind to update the sid chroots daily.

> On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 8:32 PM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>> Please refer to the dep3 specification when updating patch headers next
>> time, the same goes for the git workflow in the team policy. Let try to
>> get it right on the first try next time, that saves us all quite some time.
>
> Yes. Next package will be more easier. There is monteverdi and ice after
> OTB!

As the saying goes: Practice makes perfect. :-)

>> You probably added the hook after you created the pbuilder chroot, it
>> has therefore not been configured to use the hooks via the --hookdir
>> option. This can be configured in your ~/.pbuilderc or you can update
>> the existing chroot. When updating an existing chroot you need to use
>> the --save-after-login or --save-after-exec options to prevent pbuilder
>> from reverting the changes. You can try the following:
>>
>>  sudo cowbuilder --update --basepath /var/cache/pbuilder/base-sid.cow \
>>   --hookdir=<path/to/hookdir> --save-after-exec
>
> That might be the reason. I don't have access to that system right now. So
> cant check anything at all. Anyway thanks for tip on cowbuilder options.

Modifying existing chroots is a bit tricky because pbuilder reverts
changes by design. That's where the --save-after options come in.

If the update command doesn't work, you can also remove the existing
chroot and recreate it after you've configured your ~/.pbuilderc or by
specifying the --hookdir option as part of the --create command.

> BTW, before moving to unstable if there is anything left of the copyright
> or license stuff let me know. Also in order to push packages if there is
> other stuff such as ITP etc.. that must be done on my side. I can do it
> during weekend also.

I haven't done an extensive copyright review for 5.2, but the changes
since 5.0 don't look troubling. An extensive copyright review takes a
lot of time which I didn't want to do right now.

The ITP already exists (#764860) courtesy of Andreas, and is closed in
the changelog.