Re: [rant] Re: Consequences of moving Emacs Manuals to non-free

On 24 Mar 2006, David Kastrup outgrape:

> More like that Debian packagers' views don't correspond with either
> the upstream free software authors' nor the users' views, and that

        And you speak for all the users?

> Debian feels it has the right to teach both morals, making use of
> the means provided freely from upstream.

        Debian is teaching nothing. It is providing a free service,
 and a free OS. It also provides some ancillary non-free software as
 a service to our users who may want such.

        If you think that classification of what we want to provide
 for free, and freely, to our users is preaching, well, you are
 entitled to your opinion. Ranting at the people who are providing
 such a service may be boorish, but is your right. My attention is
 not.

        manoj
--
What we cannot speak about we must pass over in silence. Wittgenstein