Re: [rant] Re: Consequences of moving Emacs Manuals to non-free

Hubert Chan <hubert@uhoreg.ca> writes:
> I'm not sure why everyone is reacting to the Emacs Manual removal as if
> it's something new.  The release team has, since before sarge was
> released, said that GFDLed documentation would be removed in
> sarge+1=etch.

Personally I thought people would come to their senses if they flamed
each other long enough... but I guess not.

In practice I guess it's just going to mean that most people end up
putting non-free in their sources.list, weakening the effect of having a
separation between "free" and "non-free" in the first place, and more
users end up confused because lack of hard dependencies will mean the
doc packages don't get installed.

-miles
--
Occam's razor split hairs so well, I bought the whole argument!