Re: Doubts/suggestions with event organization(MiniDebConf '14)

This is a chicken and egg problem which we are trying to solve, we
already have a Debian community however small it is.

Debian community here is not only Debian Developers it involves those
who use Debian who like Debian etc. Did we reach them before claiming we
don't have community?

How do we do that? Who is volunteering for this?

Question we should ask ourselves first is did we reach every one who
uses Debian in one or other way? Does every one who uses Debian in India
knows about list debian-dug-in? If not how to reach them?

yes, same question I have. I'm open to ideas.

We do have our community its just that its scattered and not under same
roof, so miniDebconf should be platform to bring that community to same
roof and reach as much  of them possible.

As we all acknowledge this problem, lets figure out how to fix it. We should mention a specific call on the site and have a track on "how we use debian?". So when the event announcement goes, we may get more responses. We should also ask all our personal contacts and on mailing lists to bring organizations who use debian to come to the conference.