Re: Doubts/suggestions with event organization(MiniDebConf '14)

Make it a conference about Debian for the Debian community!

In my view, it is a gathering of the debian community sharing their work and ideas. It is a place to invite the whole Free Software community and even people new to Free Software to learn about Debian.

For me it is a conference for everyone organized by Debian community looking to bring more people into it.

If we want it to a conference for the debian community, we have to first build that community. I understand the need to bring more of debian community participate, but that is not going to happen unless more of the community chip in to help out.