Re: -1 (Re: Making Debian available)

On Sat, Jan 23, 2021 at 03:39:21PM +0200, Jonathan Carter wrote:
> But the sentiment above and in other similar messages were that the
> completely free images are broken for many users that might need some
> non-free firmware. This is simply not true.
The completely free images are broken for most users that want working
WiFi, unless you count providing firmware separately as "working". I don't
think this is something that can be argued against. This is especially bad
for netinst images.

> Again, I'm not saying that there shouldn't be images that contain
> non-free firmware, but dismissing the images that don't have firmware on
> as useless is harmful and misleading.
Sure, there is some use for them, mostly VMs and some of the
Ethernet-connected machines.

--
WBR, wRAR