Re: Making Debian available

On 2021-01-12 16:36 +0100, Geert Stappers wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 02:48:22PM +0000, Dan Pal wrote:
>> Hello Debian Developers,
>
> Hello World,
>

>> I am writing to you from my Debian-Buster 10.6 laptop – that used
>> to be a Windows 10 laptop. I would not be using Debian at all except I
>> was able to find a dvd version at debian.org to install. I couldn’t
>> install from a net install version because of my wireless chipset not
>> being supported directly by Debian. The current policy of hiding other
>> versions of Debian is limiting the adoption of your OS by people like
>> me who are interested in moving from Windows 10.
>
> Seen the "I think it could be better", not yet seen the "how"
>

> Please elaborate the improvement.

Provide a way to discover the working netinst with non-free firmware,
right now it seems to be impossible to find.

The official netinst image advertised on the homepage is for servers and
virtual machines only.  How is an average user of Windows or even other
GNU/Linux distributions supposed to know that official Debian images do
not offer network access during installation on desktops and laptops?

Cheers,
       Sven