Re: Making Debian available

On 2021-01-15 12:11:06 +0100 (+0100), Emanuele Rocca wrote:
[...]
> So the current situation is that we make an active effort to
> produce two different types of installation media: one that works
> for all users, and one broken for most laptops.
[...]

The one you say "works for all users" doesn't "work" for me because
it contains proprietary closed-source software I don't want. This
boils down to a debate over whether the Debian community values
convenience over ideals. It can be argued that for users who value
convenience more, Ubuntu already exists. Why compete with that and
compromise Debian's ideals at the same time?
--
Jeremy Stanley