Re: how to remove libsystemd0 from a live-running debian desktop system

On Tue, 2015-02-17 at 12:57 +0000, Alastair McKinstry wrote:
> On 17/02/2015 10:55, Vincent Bernat wrote:
> >  ❦ 17 février 2015 10:18 GMT, Alastair McKinstry <alastair.mckinstry@sceal.ie> :

> >> My system broke. It was fine, I did an upgrade -> jessie. It broke
> >> because of systemd and the fact I had /usr on a separate partition.
> > And no initrd? Mounting /usr is the job of the initrd.
>
> Examination after the fact showed that if I'd had the correct packages
> installed, it would have worked.
> So from a Debian perspective this was 'notabug'.
> (modules that were not needed day-to-day had been deleted by hand to
  ^^^^^^^                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> make space on /.
> A broken initrd was then built during dist-upgrade. My fault).
[...]

Yes, exactly.  Laying any blame on systemd for this is completely
unreasonable.

(It might be more reasonable to blame initramfs-tools if it didn't give
you any warnings.)

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Never attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by stupidity.