Re: how to remove libsystemd0 from a live-running debian desktop system

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 11:42 AM, Christian Seiler <christian@iwakd.de> wrote:
> Am 16.02.2015 um 02:54 schrieb Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton:
>>
>> http://lkcl.net/reports/removing_systemd_from_debian/
>

> It's funny that when Wheezy (not Jessie!) came out, nobody complained
> that libsystemd-login0 (which is now part of libsystemd0) was as a
> dependency of dbus, so it is probably already installed on most desktop
> systems running current Debian stable.

 i'll hazard a guess that it's because they had no idea that, in the
very near future, all the major desktop developers and all the major
distros would make the unilateral decision to hard-code the
*exclusive* use of systemd (or parts of it).

 my assessment is that it's that total lack of choice that is causing
people to get so upset.  but there's no need to get upset about it:
*we didn't know*. nobody could have predicted how far this would go,
so quickly.

 so the question then becomes: at a fundamental level (in a
distro-agnostic way) how to go about giving people a proper choice (to
run systemd and associated components, or not)?

 l.