Re: upgrades must not change the installed init system [was: Re: Cinnamon environment now available in testing]

[...]
> So, when upgrading from Wheezy to Jessie, we have three options:
>
> 1) Keep the user init system (sysvinit most probably)
> 2) Upgrade to systemd after asking the user.
> 3) Upgrade to systemd silently without asking the user.

4) Upgrade to systemd silently without asking the user AND add a grub
entry to use old init

This will provide the intended default with an extra compatibility
layer (like the former grub1 to grub2 chain).

Regards

--
Mathieu