Re: upgrades must not change the installed init system [was: Re: Cinnamon environment now available in testing]

Hi,

Vincent Danjean:
> If I recall correctly, when Debian switched the default MTA, upgrades
> did not change the already installed.

You cannot have an MTA without configuring it, and nobody even tried to
implement auto-migration of the old default mailer's configuration to the
new one. Also, we didn't switch to a different default mailer because the
new one offered a heap of features and infrastructure which the other
lacked.

None of this applies to systemd.

--
-- Matthias Urlichs