Re: systemd, again (Re: Cinnamon environment now available in testing)

Adam Borowski <kilobyte@angband.pl> writes:

> systemd also pulls in a large amount of bloat (IIRC someone mentioned
> 100ish packages in wheezy vs 146 in current jessie).  Purging those is
> nontrivial, as some had their priority bumped up.

That seems much higher than I believe is the case.  Wasn't there a
detailed analysis of this posted a while back?  My vague recollection was
a number more on the order of a quarter of that, and with most of those
being quite small (such as libsystemd-daemon0, which counts as a package
but which has an installed size of 72KB).