Re: systemd, again (Re: Cinnamon environment now available in testing)

> On Fri, 2014-09-05 at 14:20 +0200, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
>> Hi,
>
>> Thus, unless the user explicitly tells the apt{-get,itude} subsystem not
>> to switch to systemd (by whatever means, the details of which I personally
>> am not at all interested in), a dist-upgrade should do so.
>
> How? All efforts so far and bugs reported are being brought down
> actively.
Install systemd-shim + sysvinit-core, or simply pin systemd-sysv will
be enough to install the shim and don't get systemd.
So yes, this is possible, and the systemd maintainers are doing a
great job in creating a seamless transition without blocking anyone
who doesn't want to use systemd for whatever reason.

Cheers,
    Matthias