Re: Debian default desktop environment

previously on this list Jean-Christophe Dubacq contributed:

> > I am talking about focus follows mouse but raise only on clicking say
> > the border or bar, you can still enter text into any layered windows
> > that have focus. So you can quickly switch for entry to or from web
> > pages on one screen or read a web page in the background. Reference 4
> > open windows at once, use the scroll upon focus etc.. Basically the
> > closest thing to a panelling window manager like scrotwm (which I could
> > learn) without needing to learn the commands (works for my users too
> > and I should test what I provide) and allowing overlapping for
> > redundant web edges, saves time re-sizing etc..
>

> And this is a so tiny detail that it does not matter for what should be
> the default desktop environment. No matter how configurable is your
> thing, what matters is how usable is it out of the box.

??? I agree with someone else who responded with "killer feature" as for
me it is also a primary requirement from a window manager precisely
because of the usability increase.

> For the rest,
> apt-get or any other package management interface is your friend.

Exactly, This all came from xfce multiple desktop support in debian 8
apparently not being the best, I was merely saying that it matters less
to xfce because of this feature but also with *randr from apt-get it is
not a problem and later versions than xfce-display-settings-4.10 I
am pretty sure do have good support without *randr bootstrapping.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)