Re: Debian default desktop environment

On 28/08/2014 15:39, Kevin Chadwick wrote:
> I am talking about focus follows mouse but raise only on clicking say
> the border or bar, you can still enter text into any layered windows
> that have focus. So you can quickly switch for entry to or from web
> pages on one screen or read a web page in the background. Reference 4
> open windows at once, use the scroll upon focus etc.. Basically the
> closest thing to a panelling window manager like scrotwm (which I could
> learn) without needing to learn the commands (works for my users too
> and I should test what I provide) and allowing overlapping for
> redundant web edges, saves time re-sizing etc..

And this is a so tiny detail that it does not matter for what should be
the default desktop environment. No matter how configurable is your
thing, what matters is how usable is it out of the box. For the rest,
apt-get or any other package management interface is your friend.

Sincerely,
--
Jean-Christophe Dubacq