Re: Debian default desktop environment

On Thu, 3 Apr 2014 14:16:15 Undefined User wrote:
> The problem is that right now Debian project is changing its default
> desktop environment, and I think that this is not a good move. Of course,
> it all depends on where the project is aiming at, specially on which users.
> But, for normal users, Gnome 3 is a way better experience than Xfce.

I think Xfce is much better *default* desktop environment (DE) than Gnome.

As KDE fan I do not like Gnome. Those who forget to choose DE in installer
(just like I did more than once) and end up with Xfce will have a lot less to
remove from their systems shall they choose to use a different DE.

Faster installation is another good reason to stick with Xfce by default.

--
Regards,
 Dmitry Smirnov