Proposal: switch default desktop to xfce

Hi folks,

This goes back to during the wheezy release cycle. There was a little
discussion around a change in tasksel [1], but rather too late in the
day for the change to make sense. Now we have rather more time, I
feel. Let's change the default desktop for installation to xfce.

This would mean:

 * Make the tasksel change stick

 * Tweak CD and installer builds:
   + change what happens with no desktop selected to use xfce instead
     of Gnome (netinst, DVD, BD etc.)
   + Add an explicitly-named Gnome CD#1
   + Remove the explicitly-named XFCE CD#1

Pros:

 * CD#1 will work again without size worries

 * Smaller, simpler desktop

 * Works well/better on all supported kernels (?)

 * Does not depend on replacing init

Cons:
 * <please fill in here>

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2012/08/msg00055.html

"I've only once written 'SQL is my bitch' in a comment. But that code
 is in use on a military site..." -- Simon Booth