Re: [ANNOUNCE] git-deb: a Git importer for Debian packages

Le 24/10/2013 18:24, Lucas Nussbaum a écrit :
> On 24/10/13 at 15:18 +0200, Gabriel de Perthuis wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I've written a tool to import Debian packages into Git:
>>     git clone deb::mypackage
>> It does a faithful import of the package history from
>> snapshot.debian.org.  There is some agressive caching built-in, and a
>> bit of logic to rebuild the history graph from changelogs.  It is also
>> able to deal with most quirks in the upload history, like missing source
>> packages, missing .dsc files, and obsolete keys.
>> On the git side, the --depth option is supported.  Incremental imports
>> (both new releases and deepening the history) aren't yet, but the shared
>> cache helps rebuild branches faster.
>> It's available here https://github.com/g2p/git-deb and on PyPI.
> That's really cool, and actually something I had on my TODO list (in the
> "Cool hacks I'll do when I have time" section).
> Do you think that it would be possible to turn it into a script part of
> devscripts?

This is very new, and I may break compatibility in a few places, but I'd
be happy to get this into Debian (a sponsored upload would also work).
Possible future breakage: dealing with duplicate filenames[1] could
require changes in the cache layout, and I might introduce upstream
If someone could tell me that the sdo database doesn't contain
conflicting hashes for an orig archive, I'd be grateful, because
otherwise upstream branches will become complicated.

> Some things I noticed:
> 1) $HOME/.cache/debsnap/ needs to be manually created

Oops, fixed

> 2) Trying to import simgrid, I don't know how to import
> all versions.
> It seems that:
> git clone 'deb::simgrid?trust=DA196237023B3F4F' simgrid
> fails with:
> NameError: global name 'skip' is not defined

Fixed as well.  I have just introduced the trust option.  I'll try to
add some CI to catch this sort of thing.

[1] http://snapshot.debian.org/package/file/4.17-5etch2/