Re: Enabling uupdate to simply remove files from upstream source

gregor herrmann <gregoa@debian.org> writes:
> On Fri, 17 Aug 2012 13:08:39 +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
>> my suggestion was just to settle with a common and simple
>> solution.  This should be pretty simple to implement (I'd volunteer to
>> do this but wanted to seek for comments before filing a bug report +
>> patch).
>
> Yup, that would be nice.
> But I don't think it belongs into uupdate but in uscan.

Please keep it usable for packages that do not use uscan to get the
upstream tarball.  I have some packages where I generate the upstream
tarball from a VCS repository, but have to exclude some files.  It would
be nice to use the tool for such cases as well.

Ansgar