Re: Enabling uupdate to simply remove files from upstream source (Was: Minified javascript files)

Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 09:39:05AM +0200, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> > Part of the problem is that we lack good tools to do this extra work
> > for us.
>
> As an unrelated idea which popped up when reading this:  Do you think it
> would be a sensible enhancement to uupdate if it could deal with a list
> of files (wildcard strings that could be feed to `rm -rf`) which should
> be removed from the upstream tarball?  This could simplify repackaging
> to a certain amount.

I use a script for this:

http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debichem/unstable/openbabel/debian/watch?view=markup
http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debichem/unstable/openbabel/debian/get-orig-source.sh?view=markup

There are several other examples in this tree. It is pretty simple. Just
replace line 20 in get-orig-source.sh with whatever you want to do here.
FYI: I don't make use of uupdate. I don't need it in my setup.

Regards, Daniel