Re: Enabling uupdate to simply remove files from upstream source

Hi,

On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 11:55:37AM +0200, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
> > Yup, that would be nice.
> > But I don't think it belongs into uupdate but in uscan.
>
> Please keep it usable for packages that do not use uscan to get the
> upstream tarball.  I have some packages where I generate the upstream
> tarball from a VCS repository, but have to exclude some files.  It would
> be nice to use the tool for such cases as well.

Wouldn't it make way more sense to teach uscan to read a VCS repository?
I admit I would not volunteer for this coding because it seems more
complex to me, but IMHO this would be the proper way to handle this.

For the time beeing to help you with this we should probably come back
to the grep-dctrl suggestion from Jonas and write a simple shell script
that takes a directory as input and removes files by using find as
discussed above.  Uscan could call this script and you could do so as
well.

What do you think?

Kind regards

      Andreas.