Re: Minified javascript files

* Vincent Bernat <bernat@debian.org>, 2012-08-16, 19:24:
1. The license allows redistribution and modification of the minified version without having the sources. Therefore, we are only dealing with DFSG here.

While jQuery license is permissive, it does impose certain conditions[0] on distributors. In my experience, upstreams often fail to fulfil these requirements.

3. Repacking the original tarball just to remove those files is extra work.

Part of the problem is that we lack good tools to do this extra work for us. Really, repacking shouldn't be a tedious operation, it shouldn't take more than 5 seconds, it shouldn't require writing two dozens lines of code and documentation. :(

[0] “The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.”

--
Jakub Wilk