Re: Enabling uupdate to simply remove files from upstream source

On Sat, 18 Aug 2012 22:19:22 +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:

>  2. There was one vote from Gregor Hermann to use the --repack option
>     of uscan.  I personally admit that I do not fully agree with
>     Gregor that this means changing the semantics of an existing option.
>     We are just repackaging and without the additional information in
>     debian/copyright the functionality remains exactly the same.

Sorry if I was unclear here: actually I don't really like to re-use
--repack because the "new" --repack would do something else (i.e:
more) than the "old" repack.

>     Gregor made also the remark that he likes the pkg-perl teams
>     method of doing things because once d/watch is adjusted you don't
>     have to do anything besides calling uscan.  I consider the method
>     I like to suggest here as serving the very same purpose

Sure, I guess I will get used to adding "--$option" instead of just
using plain uscan, if needed :)

Cheers,
gregor

   `-   NP: David Bowie: Starman