Re: Bugs in Backported Packages

On Wed, 08 Sep 2010, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 08, 2010 at 12:04:24PM -0700, Don Armstrong wrote:
> > That's not a bug in debhelper; it's a bug in the backport of the
> > package, so it shouldn't be filed against debhelper. [Though, perhaps
> > it could be a wishlist request; I don't know.]
>
> No, it's a bug in the debhelper backport.

Whatever package the bug actually exists in,[1] the underlying point
is the same. The bug would be marked as affecting a version branch
which wasn't distributed by Debian, and it can be easily ignored by
the maintainer of either package. With the addition of a tag to even
further separate out these bugs, it can be further ignored.

If the default case ends up being that people don't want to receive
these bug messages, then we can even filter them out by default at the
BTS level. Doesn't really matter to me.

Don Armstrong

1: It's certainly a bug in the backported package using debhelper
improperly; it may also be an additional wishlist bug in debhelper.
--
Grimble left his mother in the food store and went to the launderette
and watched the clothes go round. It was a bit like color television