Re: Bugs in Backported Packages

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 07, 2010 at 12:46:12PM -0700, Don Armstrong wrote:
> An alternative solution is to just have reportbug mail the backport
> bug reporting mailing list, and have people bounce messages as
> appropriate to the BTS.

Imho, this is the most sensible approach for now. The number of bugs
reported to backports-users was rather low in the past, so there is not
much benefit from spending a lot of time on something that's gonna safe
a bit of time only. If this happens to change at some point in the
future, we can still think about more "advanced" ways of handling this.

An, imho, nice addition could be to let reportbug also send the bug
report to the last (couple of) uploaders of the backport. This could be
done by sending an E-mail to <src-pkg>@backports.d.o (not yet
available!). Afaik, the code for generating those kinds of aliases is
already available and would just have to be set up on backports.d.o.

Just my 2¢ …

Cheers,
Sebastian