Re: Bugs in Backported Packages

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 07, 2010 at 02:09:24PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> writes:
>
> > For the package in question, the backports are done by a fellow
> > comaintainer, so I'm not complaining about the bug traffic; but that
> > doesn't mean it's *right* for that traffic to be going to the BTS by
> > default.
>
> I wonder if we could apply some logic such as if the backports uploader is
> also listed in Maintainer or Uploaders for the regular Debian package,
> send the bug reports to the BTS, otherwise send them to backports-users
> and the backport uploader.

I would object to that, too.
That would equally make "all bpo bugs go to the BTS" in my case. Thanks, but no,
thanks. Especially not if the "bug" is caused by a external package and/or debhelper
backported but its scripts not adapted back to lenny so that e.g. the built packages
don't call update-mime-database.

I don't think Joey will be happy if I reassigned this bug to debhelper, even with
a + backports tag.

Grüße/Regards,

René
--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: D03E3E70