Re: Results for General Resolution: Lenny and resolving DFSG violations

* Gerfried Fuchs:

>> For instance, while I have no particular opinion on firmware, I object
>> to packages in main which, when run on a web browser, execute
>> proprietary Javascript blobs (either by shipping them in the package,
>> or by linking them in some way).
>
>  But it is. The web browser does run on the Host CPU, thus the
> javascript engine does run on the Host CPU, too.
>
>  Problem solved. :)

The counterargument is that for a server application, the Javascript
blob isn't intended to run on the host CPU, but on the client. 8-/

(Conversely, firmware shouldn't doesn't non-free material only because
you can run it using qemu because it happens to be a supported
architecture.)