Re: Results for General Resolution: Lenny and resolving DFSG violations

Anthony Towns wrote:
> Anyway, despite something kinda close to advocacy for the FD option in
> the second call for votes on d-d-a, FD lost convincingly to most of the
> options on offer. So of any conclusions you might draw, the simplest,
> safest and most easily justified seems to be "stop discussing this and
> release lenny"...
I've heard this before and I'm not sure I understand it.

Lenny is _not_ in a releaseable state.
We have enough RC bugs that it will take a while to be able to release.

How's the discussion hurting the release at the moment?

Unless you are suggesting that people discuss _instead of_ fixing RC
bugs, to which I'm not sure I agree.

Personally, I'm fine with the in depth discussion and with the voting as
long as it's not a blocker for the release.

That's not to say that I'm not getting tired of discussing the same
thing again and again; I firmly believe that we should have one or more
sane and clear GR(s), with no "for this release/time period only"
options and end this matter once and for all.

Regards,
Faidon