Re: Results for General Resolution: Lenny and resolving DFSG violations

* Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> [2008-12-29 15:01:19 CET]:
> * Theodore Tso:
> > I'm not ashamed at all; I joined before the 1.1 revision to the Debian
> > Social Contract, which I objected to them, and I still object to now.
> > If there was a GR which chainged the Debian Social contract which
> > relaxed the first clause to only include __software__ running on the
> > Host CPU, I would enthusiastically vote for such a measure.
>
> I think it's not that simple anymore.
>
> For instance, while I have no particular opinion on firmware, I object
> to packages in main which, when run on a web browser, execute
> proprietary Javascript blobs (either by shipping them in the package,
> or by linking them in some way).

 But it is. The web browser does run on the Host CPU, thus the
javascript engine does run on the Host CPU, too.

 Problem solved. :)
Rhonda
P.S.: Was there a MF'up2 anywhere? Not sure if this should/has to
   continue on both lists?
P.P.S.: Weren't the Results usually mailed to d-d-a, too? Was this a
   mistake here, or is my memory flawed?