Re: Results for General Resolution: Lenny and resolving DFSG violations

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 12:48:24AM +0000, Simon Huggins wrote:

> I wonder how many DDs were ashamed to vote the titled "Reaffirm the
> social contract" lower than the choices that chose to release.

I'm not ashamed at all; I joined before the 1.1 revision to the Debian
Social Contract, which I objected to them, and I still object to now.
If there was a GR which chainged the Debian Social contract which
relaxed the first clause to only include __software__ running on the
Host CPU, I would enthusiastically vote for such a measure.

Also see:

     http://thunk.org/tytso/blog/2008/12/28/debian-philosophy-and-people

							- Ted