Re: OT: Was: Re: Josselin Mouette and Planet Debian

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 10:59 AM, Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> wrote:
> Our country is very far from exempt of human rights violations. Those
> trying to frame the current discussion in terms of cultures or countries
> are forgetting that every culture and country has its share of
> intolerant people. I don't think all Aussies are homophobic bigots; it's
> just that we have one in the project.

Hmmm, Josselin, I share with you an open mind over many things (and
yet, you'd be surprised at the prejudices you have, that only someone
from another culture can point out). Even in the odd days when I feel
all superior, I realise that it's not for everyone, and that different
cultures have their own pace, and their own direction. And I respect
them, if I am in a multicultural forum, I watch my mouth.

The mission of Debian is not "spot the bigot". Debian embraces people
of many beliefs, customs and ways of life under one shared belief --
about an OS.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff@gmail.com
 martin@laptop.org -- School Server Architect