Re: Debian desktop -situation, proposals for discussion and change. Users point of view.

Hi, Don

recent? current? upstream? fresh? :-)

Why the need for volatile then? I admire I'm confused a bit. Whatever, there should be one supported, official, and acknowledged repository for the purpose, I think. Not necessarry ALL desktop software should be upgraded this way, however at least the most demanded mainstream..

The stable cycle should reflect the mainstream course, so that not much additional work should be necessarry to do that. Maybe the cycle should copy the LSB's one somehow.

Peter