Re: Debian desktop -situation, proposals for discussion and change. Users point of view.

Hi, Andreas

Another hand, many problems were well-known by the time I met them, there wasn't need to report them again.

So if there are really well-known "many problems" can you do me a favour
and list one or two here?

It's been in context, meant as "many of those problems" -a relative part of problems, not absolute number of them.

No, it's not worth the time. It's a history.

If you want to get a running testing
system why not installing stable and then switch to testing?  You are
right, the installer for testing might become usable for the masses
from the RC candidates and thus about half a year before a release.
This would perhaps clarify your statements, but this is not a problem
of the testing system but a problem of the installer.  Perhaps we
should document a reasonable way how to get a reasonable testing system
setup flawlessly.

Yes, that could be nice. Upgrading from stable to testing works usually, however I have met problems this way too. If it worked, it worked well. If it didn't work well, then it usually stopped to work completely :-) This is history too, Woody to Sarge.

>> However, problems with testing are matter of other topic, an't they? ;-)

Yes, I do not want to disturb from your main point of your initial
mail.  But please do not blur it yourself with statements that are
just not true if you want that people take you honest (and I really
wish they would do).

I wish too.

Peter