Re: Debian desktop -situation, proposals for discussion and change. Users point of view.

On Tuesday 15 May 2007 14:44, Mgr. Peter Tuharsky wrote:
> Yes, bugs are unavoidable. However, testing is often in situation
> "whole system broken" or "nearly useless". I see difference here;
> occassional bug in desktop app is acceptable. Whole system unreliable
> is not acceptable.

Can you substantiate that? In my experience it is not true.

And even unstable is almost always usable if you know how to avoid
temporary uninstability of packages and how to downgrade a package
occasionally.

Though I'd not advice running unstable to end users, I would happily
suggest testing.

Cheers,
FJP