Re: Considerations for 'xmms' removal from Debian

Josselin Mouette <joss <at> debian.org> writes:

> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=audacious;dist=unstable

Yes, I have discussed these with Adam Cecile. Many of those bugs have been fixed
in 1.4, and cannot be fixed in current 1.3 due to architectural shift from the
old XMMS paradigm to a new event driven paradigm.

I apologize if I seem like a jerk, but I must watch out for disinformation
campaigns as the same thing happened in Gentoo with users who had intentions to
make outlandish claims about the state of our development (really it does work
for most users) in order to keep XMMS -- which simply isn't cool.

Basically I am trying to maintain Audacious's good standing in the community it
intends to serve (which is not really the XMMS community, but instead, the
people who thought XMMS was a good idea, but not implemented well.)

So, I apologize if I seem like a jerk about this.

William