Re: Considerations for 'xmms' removal from Debian

 <ajdlinux <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Lenny has had 1.3 for over a month now.
>
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/a/audacious/news/20070706T223908Z.html
>
> FYI: The status of the audacious source package
> in Debian's testing distribution has changed.
>
>   Previous version: 1.2.2-4
>   Current version:  1.3.2-4

Then it is supported by us upstream. Therefore, if it crashes or blows up in
your face, people should tell us about it, and not complain on a mailing list or
talk about commandeering projects to make Audacious into some sort of "XMMS
replacement".

We were very happy when the only Debian users using Audacious were those who
were interested in it and understood that we were not an XMMS replacement. I
would prefer if we remain happy with Debian.

I am glad to hear that Audacious is finally updated in Lenny, but, it should
have shipped with Etch.

William