Re: Considerations for 'xmms' removal from Debian

David Lopez Zajara (Er_Maqui <er_maqui <at> darkbolt.net> writes:

> Simply you can read this thread and can find a report of audacious (main
> candidate for xmms replace) crashing on a max time of 2 minutes running.

It's not our fault that Debian packaged an old, buggy, and generally speaking,
broken version of Audacious with a bunch of backported patches that may or may
not be fully compatible.

It's not our fault that Debian still has not promoted our current stable
offering to testing, which has many of these crash fix and design defect fix
things you may have heard about.

It's not our fault that Etch did not ship with 1.3. 1.3 had been out for a
considerable amount of time when Etch shipped. Please don't claim that the most
recent versions of audacious (as shipped and maintained by us) crashes every 2
minutes because that's simply not true -- Debian Etch ships 1.2, and so does
Lenny at this time.

William