Re: Wanted: introductory page for all teams

On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 11:44:13AM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 07:45:17PM -0400, Clint Adams wrote:
> > > Anyway, before we get lost in all this prediction stuff, I'm yet to hear
> > > a good reason why we need complete triviality in the access method, as
> > > opposed to the kind of triviality we have had for years now: all that is
> > > necessary to get webwml access is to send a mail to debian-www saying
> > > you've read some docs and you want access.

> > I don't have a good reason, but for me it's the difference between
> > contributing or not.  If I already have access and I get an itch, I will
> > scratch it.  If I don't, I will either forget about it or complain.  I
> > am unlikely to go through whatever bureaucracy is set up to request
> > access.  Whether or not this is a loss for debian-www is not something I
> > feel comfortable asserting.

> This sounds a bit extreme. Would you at least be patient enough to file
> a bug report or send an e-mail about the issue?

If the issue in question is a typo?

When the effort involved in gaining access to the repo, or in informing
someone with access about the bug, is greater than the effort it takes to
actually fix the problem, I agree that tends to be a deterrent for me.
(This is true in general, not just in the case of the website.)  I don't
know if that's sufficient reason to change the perms on the repo; certainly,
most of my complaints about the website are in the area of site
organization, not minor content bugs.