Re: Wanted: introductory page for all teams

On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 01:02:12AM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> Anyway, before we get lost in all this prediction stuff, I'm yet to hear
> a good reason why we need complete triviality in the access method, as
> opposed to the kind of triviality we have had for years now: all that is
> necessary to get webwml access is to send a mail to debian-www saying
> you've read some docs and you want access.

I don't have a good reason, but for me it's the difference between
contributing or not.  If I already have access and I get an itch, I will
scratch it.  If I don't, I will either forget about it or complain.  I
am unlikely to go through whatever bureaucracy is set up to request
access.  Whether or not this is a loss for debian-www is not something I
feel comfortable asserting.